Pre-planning Final Arrangements Alleviates Stress
The beginning of the year is traditionally a time when people feel the need to better organize their lives. They make resolutions to live happier and healthier lives; they tie up those nagging loose ends. They set a budget, invest in a financial plan and update their wills; they ensure that their families are taken care of in the event of their death.
However, one often-overlooked item is planning for one’s final arrangements. Pre-arranged funerals provide peace of mind for both you (in that your wishes have been carried out) and for your family (in that they’re not “guessing” about what you would want). In addition, a trust fund may be established to pay for the funeral arrangements in advance. When those funds are needed, they are applied to cover the cost of your funeral arrangements.
Trusted funeral advisors can assist you in planning all of the details of your final arrangements just as you wish. A few areas that are specified when pre-arranging these services:
- Instructions of final disposition including of both location of service and cemeteries; if you are to be cremated, what do you want done with your ashes?
- Who do you want to serve as pallbearers?
- What clothing and jewelry do you want to wear?
- What items/mementos would you like to have displayed?
- What poems or literature you would like to have read?
- What favorite religious passages would you like read?
- What favorite colors and flowers would you like used in floral arrangements?
- Are you eligible for military, graveside honors?
A.R.N. Cremation Services assists individuals in planning funerals, including those who wish to pre-plan their own services. A convenient pre-planning form is available for download on our website (click here). Locally owned by Max Nelson and Jennifer Nelson Williams, we have been assisting Indianapolis-area families plan and carry out final arrangements since 1935. For more information, call us at 317.873.4766 or visit the website, www.arncremation.com.